Pantone View Colour Planner For Summer 2008
Pantone, Inc., an authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, announced the release of the summer 2008 edition of the Pantone View Colour Planner, its cross-discipline color-forecasting tool, titled "Letting Go.”
Summer 2008 embodies gradual transformation and a shift toward minimalism. While there are no rules in the traditional sense, next season will offer designers escape from fear of plainness and a new acceptance of the power of nothingness. Simplicity isn't a trend; it's a necessity.
According to Pantone's research, the world of design and merchandising is reacting to a new need for social responsibility and mindful spending. As consumers move away from conspicuous, flamboyant expenditures, they are embracing an attitude of caring, consciousness and relaxation.
The Pantone View Colour Planner showcases eight palettes for use in women's wear, menswear, active wear, cosmetics, interiors, industrial design and graphics. Each palette expresses independence from the others but all contain elements that complement one another and work in a melodious manner, according to Pantone. Here are Pantones trends for summer 2008:
- Escape into the magical worlds of botany and tropical vacations where sea, sun and mountains help us explore ice-like blues with a summertime feel.
- Running away from fear of emptiness and letting the power of nothingness and simplicity free us to enjoy a natural minimalism in color.
- Meditation reflects the feeling of comfort, purification and peace. A mystical palette of hybrid blues is full of suggestions.
- Avoid rush and just rest. Reach for refreshment and regeneration through green shades related to aniseed, chlorophyll and menthol.
- A palette whose inspiration is found in dreams offers unrealistic pleasure derived from decorative yellows, orange, russets and gold.
- A diverse mix of ideas arises from re-energized, semi-bright shades evocative of citrus fruits and summer flowers.
- Take time to contemplate the beauty of fine objects and rare paintings. Relax and enjoy thoughtful moments of quietude amid Asian spice shades.
- An ecstatic feeling of well-being and euphoria soothe the soul with pale pastels give way to a childlike, minimalist interpretation.
The Pantone View Colour Planner is based on the Pantone for fashion and home color system. It is produced by a team of leading visionaries from all over the world with expertise in different disciplines, providing a comprehensive color forecasting service for multiple design areas, including men's and women's apparel, beauty, interior and industrial design. Within each of the season's most directional color palettes, a general introduction outlines the colors included and the philosophy behind them. In addition, a specific breakdown of each palette covers harmonies, suggested color combinations, and suitable patterns and fabrics according to end use. Individual 2x2-inch color swatch cards for all 60 colors are also included.
The Pantone View Colour Planner for summer 2008 is available at the suggested retail price of U.S. $750 from Pantone directly at www.pantone.com or from Pantone Distributors nationwide. Call (888) PANTONE for a list of distributors.